Cross country skiing
The wide, free valleys in the Kitzbühel Alps allow cross-country skiing with a wonderful view without any difficulties. You can join the 580 km network of skating and classic cross-country trails at different startponits.
Changing rooms, lockable closets, shower facilities and restaurants are available at the entry points. The 36 trails in the region at the foot of the Wilder Kaiser, in the broad Brixental up to the Hohe Salve or the high-altitude trail on the Thurn pass can be used free of charge, as well as the ski buses.
- 580 km of cross-country trails, of which 358 km are classic and 222 km skating
- 19 blue, easy trails (318 km)
- 9 red, medium-difficulty trails (195 km)
- 8 black, difficult trails (66 km)
- 100% free use of trails
- 3 night trails (illuminated)
- 3 high-altitude trails
- 2 trail quality seals
- 9 cross-country schools
- 35 rental points for cross-country equipment
A secret cross-country skiing tip is the high-altitude trail in the "sleepy" Aschau. It can be skied in the preseason until the warm spring. The view of the nearby Rettenstein and on the opposite side towards the Wilder Kaiser is simply fantastic!